Augmented Reality Frequently Asked Questions
What is Augmented Reality
Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer-generated perceptual information, sometimes across multiple sensory modalities, including visual, auditory, haptic, somatosensory and olfactory.
Some of Jaime Byrd’s artwork includes Augmented Reality (AR) which is a brand new immersive art experience combining her painting, filmmaking, animation, music, and sound design. Artwork will come to life and tell a special story when viewed using a smart phone or tablet along with a free app.
How do I order prints wholesale?
If you are a business with a resale number (for US customers) you are eligible for wholesale orders.
For pricing, opening orders, suggested packages, and additional information for wholesale please contact us here.
What prints are available?
Currently we are offering approximately 25 different print images in a variety sizes. This will grow and change over time.
You may see our current prints with sizes on our AR print page here.
What are the technological requirements?
- You will need to download the free Artivive app from either the Google play store or Apple App Store.
- You should have a strong internet connection.
- Most tablets or smart phones will work with the Artivive app. (Make sure to keep your app updated with the latest version).
- It’s best to have sufficient light on the artwork so the Artivive app can read the image.
Will framing my print effect the AR?
Framing your print should not effect the AR technology. We have been successfully framing and showing our AR prints in both glass and plexiglass standard frames without issues. It is best to have adequate light on your print when trying to view the AR.
How long does it take to ship my print(s)
Retail orders typically ship within 3-5 business days. Wholesale orders typically ship within 7-14 days.
How are prints packaged?
Prints for retail customers are typically shipped in tubes for prints over 12″ long. Under 12″ long will have a foam backing in a clear protective plastic sleeve and put in a stiff shipping envelope.
Prints for wholesale orders are packaged in clear protective plastic sleeves with a foam core backing.
What is your minimum order for wholesale pricing?
Please contact us here for additional information on wholesale pricing and availability.
My AR stopped working - what should I do?
- Ignore the brackets on the app and move your phone/tablet slightly closer to the painting.
- Internet is down. Although I can sometimes show the AR over 4G/5G, I find it much more reliable over WiFi.
- Artivive app issues an update. Updating to the latest app version fixes it.
- Too many apps open on a phone/tablet. Every once in a while if someone has 10+ apps open, the Artivive app won’t work. Quitting unused apps almost always fixes this.
- Phone just needs a reboot. Every once in a while, when all else fails, I reboot my device and that resolves the issue.
- Phone is too old/battery low power mode is on. I’ve run into issues when using the app with an almost drained battery. Getting a full charge resolves the issue.
Who do I contact if I have any other questions?
Please contact us here for additional questions about your print or Augmented Reality (AR).